3 great workouts so far this week and I am really feeling it!
Yesterday I did a heavy lift (first time I’ve done legs in while because of all my races!) I did:
- 6 sets of 3 reps on front squat/ 4×8 floor DB press
- 4×10 wide grip pulls ups, dips, and DB stiff leg dead lifts (my aching hamstrings!)
- 4×10 DB swings, heavy shrugs, 1 arm tricep extension, and bent-over bicep curls (so that it worked my back too)
Then I did a 5.5 mile interval run (about 37 minutes total), 20 minutes of cross trainer elliptical, and 30 minutes interval with tabata on the bike. Then abs.
Today called for more intervals. I started with a 60 minute spin class that was really heavy on sprint work today. Then I hit the treadmill and did:
- 5 minutes all out, 1 minute recovery
- 3x 30 sec on 30 sec off
- 2 minutes ALL out
I did this through twice which was about 26 minutes, and then I kicked out another 10 minutes to reach 5 miles plus to make up for the 3 minutes of recovery I took over the first intervals. Now my legs and hamstrings are crying….I really need a massage!
So I think calls for some…
…some delicious and nutritious protein cookies and brownies from Lenny and Larry’s! These are awesome nutrition products that Lenny and Larry’s sent me. Not only do they taste great but they are full of protein and healthy calories. I have been using them to refuel after workouts, as nutrition during my long training rides on the bike, and just as awesome anytime snacks! I’ve tried the cookies and the chocolate peanut butter brownies so far….but that Cookies & Cream brownie is getting devoured realllll soon! You can check them out and order them from here: www.lennylarry.com. Let me know if you try them!
Thanks for all the responses you guys left on your goals! Here are some that people left:
Here are April’s from www.Foodsofapril.com:
1. Keep lifting and gaining muscle
2. Not care what anyone thinks of me
3. Pray more
And here are some from Em at homecookedem.wordpress.com
1. Eat healthy and workout for no reason other than MY HEALTH!
2. Volunteer at least once this summer
3. Pray more and attend church more regularly
4. Spend more time with my family
5. Inspire others to love and accept themselves just as they are
Some of my goals :
– Always love my body. Not just for how it looks, but for who it is. My body is my opportunity to live and experience beautiful things. My body is wonderful, and deserves love and respect.
– Learn from experiences. Some people call the three years I have suffered from anorexia for “a waste of time”. I disagree. Today I am a secure, confident and thankful person, and I have learned so much about both myself and life because of my battle.
I am proud of myself for my past, there is nothing to be ashamed over.
– Show respect to other, and to myself.
– Dive into the social world once again.
– Keep challenging myself when it comes to food and strenghtening my new-found love for food.
– Take one subject at the University after summer. I miss my Polish!
Thanks for the responses yall and I wish you the best!